The right gear can make all the difference when it comes to running or walking. Make sure you start 2016 off right with everything you need to stay safe and comfortable during your workouts. Check out our list of must-have's to make sure you're prepared this spring training season.
What to Wear
- Appropriate footwear – properly fitted – critical!
- Stop by any time to meet with a Fit Specialist to learn what works for you, your movement and your activity.
- Technical fiber socks
- There are all different styles and materials from cushy to barely there, synthetic to merino wool. Find what works for you!
- Sports bra – properly fitted- critical for women of all shapes and sizes!
- We fit bras! Stop by any time to get fit by one of our female Fit Specialists and find your new best friend.
- Light layered technical fabric clothing
- Avoid cotton as it has a tendency to trap moisture, stretch and cause chafing.
- Layer, Layer, Layer during cooler weather.
- Dress like it's 20 degrees warmer- your body will warm quickly during running or walking.
- Water bottle, waist belt or hydration pack
- Try to ingest 16-20 oz of fluid every hour you workout.
- Include electrolytes in your water if your workout extends past 1 hour or is high intensity.
- Energy replacement gels/food
- Important for long distant workouts.
- Try a variety of products to find what flavors and consistencies work for you.
- Headlamp, flashlight and/or reflective gear
- Extremely important if you are working out before sunrise or after sunset.
- Make sure you have 360 degree visibility and light to see obstacles on your path.
- Watch: interval timer or GPS
- Great for run/walkers to keep track of interval times.
- Important if you want to know how far or how fast you are going.
- Trigger Point Therapy Kit or Addaday roller
- Vital for healthy muscles tissues.
- Can be used pre-workout as a warmup or post-workout to reduce muscles soreness.
- Check out our free class to learn how to roll out your muscles properly.
What You Might Consider
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Can be used with a GPS watch.
- Great for higher intensity training levels.
- Anti Chafing Lubricant
- Prevent blisters and chafing
- Several different types and consistencies dependent on need.
- Gloves, beanie or arm warmers
- Great layering pieces for cooler weather.
- There are many varieties to protect your eyes especially during bright Sacramento summers.
- Apply one hour before your workout.
- Important during sunny AND cloudy days.
- Make sure to coat all exposed skin.
Need help knowing what's right for you? That's what we are here for. Stop by any time to talk with one of our highly trained and experienced Fit Specialist. We LOVE helping you reach your fitness goals!