Join Trail Heads to explore local trails along the foothills and learn how to conquer the terrain. You will experience some amazing scenery while learning new trails that you will visit for years to come. Our Trail Heads trail training group is coached by some of the best and most experienced trail and ultra-runners in Northern California. Hitting the dirt may be just what you are looking for to reduce injury and enhance your running experience.
Trail Heads: Trail Training
Day/Time: Wednesdays 6:30pm, Sundays 7:30am
Price: $125.00 per session
Length: 7 weeks
Registration for the first Trail Heads session of 2018 will open January 1, 2018.
Group workouts are every Wednesday at 6:30 pm and every Sunday at 7:30 am. Wednesday workouts will be held on the trails behind Cavitt Jr High School in Granite Bay, as well as some in the Auburn Hills near Auburn Overlook. Weekend workouts will be held in the Auburn foothills, a 45 - 60 minute drive from downtown. You will learn a variety of trails that you can return to and enjoy for years to come.
- $15 Fleet Feet Sports coupon
- Twice a week group training sessions
- 7 week training schedule designed for walk/runners and runner (pace minimums required)
- Experienced coaches to support you along the way
- Exclusive Trail Heads Gear
- Product demos from Vendor Sponsors
- Nuun and water at all Workouts
- Alumni discounts available at the end of session
- Weekly Training Newsletter
- Education on Proper Trail Running Technique, Fueling, Stretching, and More
- Workouts at some of the area's best trails
- Learn Safety in the Wild
- DIRTY FUN!
Suggested Activity Level Prior to Start of Training
Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites:
- Currently running 4 - 5 days/wk. and a minimum of 45 - 50 minutes per run
- Injury free and able to run continuously for 4-6 miles on trail (first long workout)
- Practical application and understanding of fueling, hydration and stretching
- Not afraid of dirt, enjoy beautiful scenery and love a challenge!
- Two pace groups: Under 11 min/mile and 11-13 min/mile.
- For the safety of all involved, 11-13 min group is designed for people who can maintain a 13 minute per mile pace or faster (on road) for 5+ miles.
- Short and Long Distance Workouts available for each session
- Due to the nature of the program; 11-13 min/mile (on road) will be asked to do the short distance training- no exceptions.
- Registration Fee - $125.00 per 7 week session
- No refunds after the first workout . No exchanges or transfers at any time.
- Training fee does not include any race entry fee.
- Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we can not allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
- Register Now!
Questions? If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com
Proudly Sponsored by: