Workout Times and Locations
- Wednesday, November 30th @ 6:00 pm - Howe Avenue: 100 Howe Avenue, University Park Offices - click here for directions
- Don't forget a water bottle and a yoga mat or towel.
- Please bring reflective gear and a headlamp or flashlight.
- This is your LAST workout.
- Sunday, December 4th @ 7:00 am - California International Marathon!
- HAPPY RACE DAY!!
- Please see below for key race weekend details for bus shuttle information, and the Fleet Feet Training tent location.
Review CIM Webpage: Please be sure to review the CIM webpage for all details regarding the expo, spectator information, runner instructions, road closures, FAQs, etc. before race day.
Race Prep Tips: And as you know by now marathon running requires smart racing strategies. This race prep handout includes all information you will need for race day and the week prior. Please read carefully and thoroughly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your coaches on Wednesday or email Amy and Ellisa in Training.
Coach Cheering Map: Thanks Coach Karen for making a Coach Cheering Map! Here's where you can keep an eye out for your coaches along the race course.
What's Happening in Training
Mark Your Calendar:
- Thursday, December 8: Mark your calendars for our post race party on Thursday December 8th at 7pm. It's time to get fancy, wear your medal and celebrate all the hard work you put in over many months.
What's Next In Training: You spoke, we listened. Fleet Feet 360 was created just for you. Do you like to train mornings or evenings? Saturday or Sunday? We've got you covered. Learn more about Fleet Feet 360 now! Train with us for the Shamrock'n 10k or Half marathon starting January 4th.
Key Race Weekend Details
- To gain access to our Fleet Feet Shuttle Bus and Fleet Feet Training Tent - you will need to pick up a special sticker for your bib from the Shamrock'n Booth near the Fleet Feet Sacramento "store" at the CIM expo. Put this on your bib right away. If you lose your sticker- we will have check-in lists at both the bus and warming hut.
- If you are taking the Fleet Feet Shuttle Bus to the start: be at the Holiday Inn at 300 J Street by 4:45 am; Our shuttle bus arrives at 5:00 am; these are for CIM Trainees only. Drop-off is encouraged. Street parking or parking garage use available. No specific CIM parking available. Please pay attention to all street signs. Map of Holiday Inn shuttle buses.
- CIM also provides buses from a variety of locations in Sacramento, if you don't want to use the Fleet Feet Shuttle Bus. Buses depart from 5:00 am to 5:30 am from a variety of locations. Participants are permitted to stay on the bus up to 15 minutes until the start of the race. Here are the details for bus pick-up locations.
- Start Line Fleet Feet Training Tent - Start Line Map
- Please note that location for the Fleet Feet Training Tent is different than last year - it is not to be confused with the "VIP Tent" which is located in our spot from last year!
- When you get off the buses walk towards Folsom-Auburn Road
- When you get to Folsom-Auburn Rd turn right onto the Jed Smith Trail
- About 300-400m up the trail (which will be dark!) you will arrive at the State Parks parking lot, where a large, lit, warm start line tent (for Fleet Feet training groups only).
- It is available for Fleet Feet CIM trainees only. Coffee, snacks, heaters, separate bathrooms and a large tent available to keep you warm and dry until the start. No separate gear check available- you will need to take advantage of Gear Trucks located near start line.