"Don't quit. Suffer now and life the rest of your life like a champion." - Muhammed Ali
Workout Times and Locations
- Wednesday, November 2nd @ 6:00 pm - Howe Avenue: 100 Howe Avenue, University Park Offices - click here for directions
- Don't forget a water bottle and a yoga mat or towel.
- Please bring reflective gear and a headlamp or flashlight- these are mandatory for weeknight workouts.
- Saturday, November 5th @ 7:00 am - Run The Parkway 20 Miler @ William B. Pond Recreation Area, 5700 Arden Way, Carmichael, CA 95608
- In place of our usual Sunday workout most of you will be participating in this event. (See race prep tips below.)
- Look for the black Fleet Feet tents near the other vendors.
- Due to the high number of trainees doing this event, or running the Clarksburg Country Run, we will not be providing a separate non-race 20 mile option.
Running In The Rain: El Nino may be so 2015, but we can still get some wet and windy workouts in our near future. So now is time to embrace the idea of running in the rain! It is one of the few sports you can continue to do outside – rain or shine. Check out these tips for dressing in adverse weather.
Blisters: Blisters are a common problem for runners caused primarily by improper gear choices. While most blisters don't pose a serious health risk, they should be treated with respect. Here some tips for preventing and treating blisters.
Race Prep Tips: For those of you participating in Run The Parkway 20 Miler on Saturday, November 5th - here is some useful information to get you prepped for race day.
November 6th: After taking a census of trainees, it seems like the high majority of you are taking part in either the Run the Parkway 20 miler or Clarksburg Country Run. Due to expected low attendance, we will not be providing a separate non-race 20 mile option. We highly recommend taking part in one of these races as a great way assess your current marathon fitness level and shake out any of those jitters you're probably starting to feel.
What's Happening in Training
CIM University: Fleet Feet Sports and the Sacramento Running Association have partnered to provide a series of educational seminars to help prepare you for training and running the California International Marathon. Our CIM University classes happen each month at Fleet Feet Sports Sacramento at 7:00pm. Please RSVP for each CIM University Talk separately.
- Tuesday, November 15th @ 7:00 pm - Perfecting the Taper and Final CIM Details
Run the Parkway Discount: Use code FFCIMTRAIN16 for a flat $45 into Run the Parkway 20 miler- our recommended 20 mile option this coming November.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Tuesday, November 1st: Put on your Halloween costume and join us on Tuesday, November 1st at 6:00 pm for Fleet Feet Sacramento's 4th Annual Halloween Fun Run. Enjoy a spooky route through Midtown as we run by convicted serial killer, Dorthea Puente's former boarding house of murders, the historical Governor's mansion, and the Martinez house on the corner of H and 22nd streets. Mizuno will be here with shoe demos and raffle prizes, and we will also have prizes for Best Costume and spooky good treats!! R.S.V.P. today!
- Thursday, November 3rd: The fabulous Katy Tenner, Registered Dietician is back! During her Weight Loss and Maintenance During Winter Training seminar she will cover how to maintain or lose weight while ensuring proper nutrition to avoid fatigue or injury during your training. Space is limited so RSVP today!
- Sunday, November 6th: Fall back! Don't forget to move your clocks back one hour before you go to bed on Saturday! Daylight Savings Time is ending next weekend.
- Thursday, November 10th: Dare To Be Trainee Appreciation Night! Fun Awaits on November 10th! Celebrate with your friends, raise a glass and have fun shopping at this exclusive event just for our trainees. RSVP today!
- Thursday, December 8: Mark your calendars for our post race party on Thursday December 8th at 7pm. It's time to get fancy, wear your medal and celebrate all the hard work you put in over many months.