Workout Times and Locations
- Wednesday June 1st @ 6:00 pm - Fleet Feet Sacramento - click here for directions
- Don't forget a water bottle and a yoga mat or towel.
- This is your last workout!
- Packet Pickup and 40th anniversary celebration (details below)
- Sunday June 5th @ 7:30 am- Kaiser Permanente Women's Fitness Festival 5k and 10k !
- Happy Race Day, Ladies!
- Join us in the VIP area by 6:30am in front of the State Capitol for pre and post race snacks, pictures, music, cheering and so much fun!
Race Tips Review: For those taking part in the Kaiser Permenente Women's Fitness Festival 5k or 10k event, let's review some helpful tips so you are prepared for race day.
Whole Foods Healthy Eating Recipes: With a little blender and freezer magic, raspberries, bananas and rich cashews you can make a sweet and flavorful Raspeberry Nice Cream. Click the Whole Foods icon for more delicious and healthy recipes.
Deena Kastor "Sound Body Sound Mind" Tip: It is important to celebrate your training. Take time to pause and applaud your efforts. Rewards can be in the form of praise, treating yourself to a massage, indulging in a glass of wine or buying a new pair of shoes to do it all over again!
Speed School: For those of you who are registered for Monday Night Speed School your last workout will be tonight @ 6:00 pm at William Land Park, near Doc Oliver Field. Bring a water bottle, yoga mat or towel.
What's Happening in Training
Wednesday June 1st:
- Last workout and celebrate Fleet Feet Sacramento's 40th anniversary.
- Private packet pickup for Women's Fitness Festival trainees only including: bib, VIP bracelet (for entry into training VIP area on race day), Fleet Feet Sacramento reusable bag and more!
- Packets can be picked up inside Fleet Feet Sacramento by our swim and triathlon gear.
- Please wear your training shirts and necklaces to show your Women's Fitness Training pride!
- Fun Run at 6pm. We are expecting a full house. Please consider carpooling, biking and/or giving yourself plenty of time to park.
- 7pm a toast by owners Pat and Jan Sweeney followed by cake and bubbly.
- Friends and family welcome.
- If you do not pick up your packet on June 1, you can pick it up during normal packet pickup hours at Fleet Feet Sacramento. Please tell the volunteers that you are a Women's Fitness Festival trainee with Fleet Feet Sacramento. Your packet will be separate from all others in a reusable bag with your name on it.
Race Day Training VIP Area
- Location: The VIP area will be in front of the State Capitol on 10th Street, near the N Street intersection. Look for the Fleet Feet Training arch.
- Please arrive no later than 6:30am; one hour prior to race start time. Directions and Parking. Race Day Schedule. Course Map.
- Fueling and Hydration: Consider breakfast time vs. race start time and consider bringing snacks (we will have coffee and water in the VIP area prior to the race). Make sure you have your hydration belt/bottle. Whole Foods yummies provided after the race. Premium race features
- Make sure you have your VIP wristband to gain entry (in bag with race bib).
- There will be volunteers checking for wristbands at the VIP entrance. If you lose or forget yours, we will also have a list of trainees to check you in.
- Friends and family may only enter WITH you into the VIP area. We ask that they do not partake in the food or drink as quantities are based on the number of trainees.
- All other race information can be found on the Women's Fitness Festival website.
What's Next in Training: Don't stop now, there are more great training programs that may suit your fitness needs. From Trail Heads session II to Boot Camp to FIT to Disneyland half Marathon training - we have something for EVERYONE. Check them out today and keep up your momentum!