Run your way to your first marathon finish or improve your current time by joining the California International Marathon training program. This training program will help you to prepare for the California International Marathon on Sunday, December 1, 2013 (not confirmed). If Vegas has an allure for you, train for the Vegas Rock & Roll Marathon also on December 1st.
Not sure if marathon training is for you? Join us at the first workout and check us out - for free! See below for details.
- First group workout is in early August 2013
- Weeknight workouts (Wednesday - 6:00pm) at 100 Howe Avenue
- All Weekend workouts (Sunday - 7:00am) at various American River Trail Locations:
- Howe, Watt, Sunrise, Folsom & Discovery Park
- Registration Fee TBD (registration opens June 3, 2013)
- Energy Replacement Drinks and Water at all Workouts
- $20 Fleet Feet Sports Gift Card (you will receive this at the kick-off)
- Daily Training Schedules
- Technical fiber training shirt
- Exclusive training program events
- Individualized Training Pace Chart
- Weekly Training Newsletter- Twice a week group training sessions
- Experienced Coaches and Mentors to Support You Along the Way
- Core Conditioning and Strength Training at all Workouts
- Education on Proper Form, Pacing, Fueling, Stretching and More!
- Twice a week group training sessions
*Due to the CIM’s cut-off time of 6 hours and to ensure quality coaching for all training participants, you must be consistently able to keep a pace of 13 minutes per mile or faster for 5+ miles by the start of training.
In order to better coach you and offer personal training intensities, there are several assessment workouts scheduled throughout the training. One of these assessments will be done during a group workout and another will be done at the Urban Cow Half (race entry required). There will be no alternative group workout/assessment offered on the morning of the Urban Cow Half. Participation in the Urban Cow assessment is not required, although it is very helpful in preparing for a successful marathon.
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
Runner or run/walker who can consistently keep a pace of 13 minutes per mile or faster for 6+ miles by the start of training
Start the training program running a minimum of 4 days per week, 3 - 4+ miles each workout.
Start this program injury free and ready to do a 5 mile long workout on the first Sunday of the program.
No refunds after the kick-off and no exchanges or transfers at any time.
QUESTIONS? If you have specific questions, please email email@example.com.